Does your organization want to help people reuse electronics?
Electronics reuse is a vital part of the new end-of-life electronic equipment program in Manitoba. This is because reuse can help to ensure that the useful life of electronics equipment is maximized, by allowing equipment that is no longer of use to one individual or organization to be used by another.
Reuse organizations must educate themselves and their workers on the hazards associated with handling electronic equipment and ensure that employees are properly equipped to handle them. Further, reuse organizations must employ adequate security measures to protect all equipment and information contained on the equipment from unintended use.
- Is my organization aware of the potential hazards associated with handling, refurbishing and disposing of electronic equipment?
- What type of electronics is my organization capable of handling in a safe and environmentally sound manner?
- Has my organization educated and properly equipped employees to handle potentially hazardous substances?
- How does my organization ensure adequate consumer safety for products that are dismantled, modified or refurbished?
- Does my organization use an approved recycler(s) for the recycling of end-of-life parts and equipment?
- Does my organization employ adequate security measures to provide equipment and information security?
- Does my organization ensure that the electronics are not illegally dumped or shipped off-shore?
If you are interested in becoming an EPRA approved reuser, EPRA has set up a program to qualify reusers and ensure that proper procedures are followed and standards are met. For more details on this program please refer to the Electronics Reuse & Refurbishing Program (ERRP) section at the link below:http://www.rqp.ca/