Environmental Handling Fees (EHFs) are charged on the sale and distribution of all new electronic products regulated in New Brunswick.
Paid at the time of purchase, the fee reflects the cost to collect, transport and responsibly recycle each electronic product at the end of its useful life.
The EHF is not a tax, nor is it a refundable deposit.
The New Brunswick regulation requires that the EHF be included in the “total advertised sales price of the electronic product”. For further information, click here.
The following EHFs will be charged on the sale and distribution of new electronic products in New Brunswick:
- Desktop Computers – $5.50 (including bundled components)
- Portable Computers –$4.50
- Computer Peripherals – $0.75
- Desktop Printers – $5.50
- Display Devices (televisions & monitors)
- ≤ 29” – $16.00
- 30‐45″ –$31.00
- ≥ 46″ – $46.00
- Personal/Portable Audio/Video Systems – $1.50
- Vehicle Audio/Video Systems (Aftermarket) – $2.75
- Home Audio/Video Systems – $2.75
- Home Theatre in a Box (HTIB) Systems – $2.75
- Non-Cellular Telephones – $0.85
- Cellular Devices and Pagers – $0.07
All EHFs are subject to applicable sales taxes.