Environmental Handling Fees (EHFs) are charged on the sale and distribution of all new electronic products regulated in Saskatchewan.
Paid at the time of purchase, the fee reflects the cost to collect, transport and responsibly recycle each electronic product at the end of its useful life.
The EHF is not a tax, nor is it a refundable deposit.
The following EHFs will be charged on the sale and distribution of new electronic products in Saskatchewan:
- Display Devices (TV/Monitor/All-in-one)
- 29” or Smaller- $7.00
- 30 – 45″- $12.00
- 46″ or Larger- $28.00
- Non-Cellular Telephones and Answering Machines – $0.45
- Home Audio/Video Playback and Recording Systems/Components – $1.10
- Desktop Computers – $1.40 (including bundled components)
- Portable Computers – $1.00
- Computer Peripherals – $0.20
- Desktop Printers/Multifunction Devices – $1.25
- Personal/Portable Audio/Video Playback and Recording Systems – $0.25
- Home Theatre in a Box (HTIB) Systems – $1.10
- Vehicle Audio/Video Systems (aftermarket) – $1.10