EPRA Saskatchewan Can Help! EPRA Saskatchewan can help communities, both with and without an EPRA collection depot, to recycle obsolete electronics in a responsible manner. EPRA Saskatchewan offers several options for a municipality to handle waste electronic equipment:
- Community Collection Events
- Regular Large Volume Pickups
- Operate an Approved EPRA Saskatchewan Collection depot
- Provide a link to the recycleMYelectronics.ca website on your municipality’s website
View electronic collection options here.
Community Collection Events
Documents to review:
- Collection Event Procedures
- Collection Event Request Form
- Packing Standards
- Obligated Products – Separation for Packaging
For more information on hosting a community collection event or educational/charitable fundraising event contact:
Electronic waste is a concern for both rural and urban municipalities. There are many reasons for municipalities to want to keep old electronics out of their landfills and waste transfer stations:
- Old electronics have components that, over long periods of time, leach substances of concern into the ground contaminating soil and water.
- Old electronics take up valuable space in landfills and waste transfer stations.
- Keeping recyclables out of landfills extends their lifespan dramatically.
- Community residents are conscious of environmental issues and desire responsible options to recycle their old products.
- Valuable materials in old electronic products are wasted instead of being recycled in a responsible manner.
EPRA Saskatchewan can provide promotional tools for communicating proper end-of-life electronics recycling to residents such as:
- Dumpster Stickers
- Landfill Signs
- Web Banners
- Newspaper/Newsletter/Mail-out Ad
- Handouts & Brochures
For more information on how EPRA Saskatchewan can help your municipality recycle their electronics in a safe, responsible manner contact:
Program Director, EPRA Saskatchewan